The Department of Health and Social Services provides grants and contributions funding to help organizations in their efforts to looking after the well-being of their residents and communities.
These grants and contributions have been made available to:
- NWT Aboriginal governments recognized by the Department of Aboriginal Affairs and Intergovernmental Relations;
- community governing authorities (Band Council, Métis Local, Charter Community or municipal council);
- non-government organizations that can demonstrate partnership or support from an Aboriginal or community governing authority; and
- Health and Social Services Authorities.
The Department of Health and Social Services administers the following grants and contributions:
- Child and Family Services Fund (Please note that we are no longer accepting proposals for the 2016 – 2017 year as all funds have been allocated.)
- Community Wellness Initiatives Fund (Please note that we are no longer accepting proposals for the 2016 – 2017 year as all funds have been allocated.)
- Healthy Choices Fund
- On the Land Healing