The “What Will It Take?” campaign aims to give bystanders the confidence and skills to help support individuals experiencing family violence.
“What will it take?” Workshop
The “What will it take?” workshop is aimed at empowering NWT residents to help reduce family violence and make their communities safer. This workshop is designed to build awareness, sensitize audiences, and provides in-depth information on being an active bystander and allows participants time to practice the skills they may need.
Topics covered include:
- Specific warning signs of family violence;
- Key beliefs about family violence;
- How “bystanders” can make a difference and help reduce family violence;
- The role of the RCMP in reducing family violence and its impact on victims;
- What other northerners have to say about how they addressed family violence in their own lives or communities;
- Learn how to use a simple “SEE, NAME, DO” tool assess potential bystander intervention situations; and
- Apply what has been learned to practice situations that involve family violence situations acted out by Northern actors.
A “What will it take?” workshop toolkit is available in a complete ready to use package. Each package includes a DVD that features NWT residents talking about what it is going to take to reduce family violence, a facilitator’s guide equipped with facilitator’s script, workshop activities, handouts and evaluation forms.
If you are interested in facilitating a “What will it take?” workshop, please email Family Violence Prevention Consultant at email@example.com.