Funding Programs

The Department of Health and Social Services provides grants and contributions funding to help organizations in their efforts to looking after the well-being of their residents and communities.

These grants and contributions have been made available to:

  • NWT Aboriginal governments recognized by the Department of Executive and Indigenous Affairs;
  • community governing authorities (Band Council, Métis Local, Charter Community or municipal council);
  • non-government organizations that can demonstrate partnership or support from an Aboriginal or community governing authority; and
  • Health and Social Services Authorities.

The Department of Health and Social Services administers the following grants and contributions: