Apply for a Veterinary Licence
What you need to provide
- Completed Application for Veterinary Licence with a recent passport type photo of you attached.
- Certified true copy of degree in veterinary medicine (translated if not in English).
Note: If certified true copy cannot be provided, original transcripts must be sent from the school of veterinary medicine directly to the Registrar’s Office.
- Copy of Certificate of Qualification (CQ) issued by the National Examining Board of the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association.
Note: Applicants who do not have the CQ may be eligible for licensing in the NWT providing they hold full, unrestricted licence in a province or territory.
- Proof of current licensure in a province of Canada.
- Certificate of Standing from all jurisdictions currently and previously licensed to be sent directly to NWT Professional Licensing Registrar from the licensing authority
- Up to date resume outlining work experience.
- Three references are required from individuals who can speak of applicant’s professional work and character. Reference form can be found in the application package.
Note: Referees must directly mail the reference form to the NWT Professional Licensing Registrar.
- Photocopy of birth certificate or citizenship documentation (if Canadian citizen), or valid immigration or work permit (if not a Canadian citizen).
- Credit card authorization or cheque or money order made payable to Government of Northwest Territories.
Failure to ensure all documents are forwarded to the Registrar’s Office as stated above will delay and possibly prevent licensing.
Note: All licences expire January 15th following date of issue, renewable upon payment of annual fee.
Contact this Service
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Sending the Completed Form…
Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing
Government of the Northwest Territories
Department of Health and Social Services
7th Floor, 5015 – 49 ST
Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Fax to: 1-867-873-0484
Email to: Professional_Licensing@gov.nt.ca