Apply for a Dental Hygienist Licence
What you need to provide
- Completed Application for Dental Hygienist Registration / Licence with a recent passport type photo of you attached.
- Photocopy of National Dental Hygiene Certification Board exam.
- Photocopy of your dental hygiene degree/diploma from an institution that has been accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada.
Note: Applicants who graduated from a non-accredited program, or who do not have the NDHCBE are eligible for licensing in the NWT providing they hold full, unrestricted licence in a province or territory.
Note: Applicants who graduated more than three years before date of application must provide proof of being active in the practice of dental hygiene for the major portion of the previous three years.
- Certificate of Standing from each jurisdiction where you have been licensed.
Note: Licensing jurisdiction must mail Certificate of Standing directly to the NWT Professional Licensing Registrar.
- Up to date resume outlining work experience.
- Three current letters of professional reference that can speak of applicants work. At least one reference letter must come from an employer who can verify dates of recent employment.
Note: Referee must directly mail the reference letter to the NWT Professional Licensing Registrar.
- Photocopy of birth certificate or citizenship documentation (if Canadian citizen), or valid immigration or work permit (if not a Canadian citizen).
- Credit card authorization or cheque or money order made payable to Government of Northwest Territories.
Failure to ensure all documents are forwarded to the Registrar’s Office as stated above will delay and possibly prevent licensing.
Note: All licenses expire March 31st following date of issue, renewable upon payment of annual fee.
Contact this Service
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Sending the Completed Form…
Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing
Government of the Northwest Territories
Department of Health and Social Services
7th Floor, 5015 – 49 ST
Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Fax to: 1-867-873-0484
Email to: Professional_Licensing@gov.nt.ca