2018 Walk-In Flu Clinics
October to April is Flu Season. The best protection is an annual flu shot. This vaccine is provided free of charge to all residents of the NWT who are 6 months of age and older.
The following people are at higher risk for influenza-related complications and are encouraged to get the flu shot:
- children between 6 months to 5 years of age
- pregnant women
- adults 65 and older
- individuals who are extremely overweight
- individuals living in chronic care facilities, regardless of age
- individuals of any age with chronic medical conditions such as lung disease including asthma, heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease, neurological conditions or cancer.
In addition, people capable of passing the flu on to these high risk individuals are also encouraged to get the flu shot. This includes:
- health care workers
- close household contacts living with individuals who have chronic disease
- families with infants less than 6 months of age or those expecting a newborn
- individuals who provide childcare on a regular basis to children
- individuals who work in closed settings with people such as mines, correctional facilities, and schools