NWT Telehealth connects patients in their home communities with health care providers in other locations through secure video conferencing. This means that you can see, hear and talk to a specialist from a TV monitor without leaving your home community. There are currently 90 telehealth sites throughout the NWT.
The benefits of telehealth include:
- Less time away from home or work to receiving care.
- Reduced costs and stress associated with travel.
- Access to services that are not available in your home community.
- Secure and confidential.
- Choosing to allow family members to participate in your appointment.
- Improves the quality of your care by having follow-up appointments.
- Ability for professional development, support and patient education.