Apply for a Licensed Practical Nurse Licence
What you need to provide
- Completed Application for Licensed Practical Nurse Registration / Licence with a recent passport type photo of you attached.
- Complete top portion of the Verification of Registration form and send to every licensing body where you have been licensed. Make additional copies if required.
- Complete top portion of the Verification of Experience and Reference Report and send to each of your employers for the previous five years.
- Photocopy of your licensed practical nurse diploma.
- Photocopy of proof of successful completion of the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Exam (CPNRE).
Note: Applicants who do not have CPNRE are eligible for licensing in the NWT provided they hold a full, unrestricted licence in a province or territory of Canada.
- Photocopy of birth certificate or citizenship documentation (if Canadian citizen), or valid immigration or work permit (if not a Canadian citizen).
- Credit card authorization or cheque or money order made payable to Government of Northwest Territories.
Failure to ensure all documents are forwarded to the Registrar’s Office as stated above will delay and possibly prevent licensing.
Reinstatement (late renewal)
Note: All licenses expire December 31st following date of issue, renewable upon payment of annual fee.
Contact this Service
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Sending the Completed Form…
Office of Registrar, Professional Licensing
Government of the Northwest Territories
Department of Health and Social Services
7th Floor, 5015 – 49 ST
Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Fax to: 1-867-873-0484
Email to: Professional_Licensing@gov.nt.ca