Renew Your Licensed Practical Nurse Licence
What you need to provide
- Completed NWT Licence Renewal Application Form on or before December 1st.
- Complete the Verification of Hours Form and submit to your employer. Your employer must complete the lower portion of the Verification of Hours form and send it directly to the NWT Professional Licensing Registrar.
Note: Proof of 750 hours of employment as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) during the past 5 years is needed to maintain continued LPN licensure in the NWT.
- Credit card authorization or cheque or money order made payable to Government of Northwest Territories.
Note: Registrar, Professional Licensing will email NWT Licence Renewal Form in October of each year. Licence and other correspondence will be sent to mailing address unless advised otherwise.
Failure to ensure all documents are forwarded to the Registrar’s Office as stated above will delay and possibly prevent licensing.
- NWT Licence Renewal Application Form
All active registrants will receive renewal notification mid-October and the renewal application from the Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing, Department of Health and Social Services.
- Verification of Hours Form
Available from the Registrar, Professional Licensing, Department of Health and Social Services will be distributed with the renewal form.
Note: All licences expire December 31st following date of issue, renewable upon payment of annual fee.
Contact this Service
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Sending the Completed Form…
Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing
Government of the Northwest Territories
Department of Health and Social Services
7th Floor, 5015 – 49 ST
Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Fax to: 1-867-873-0484
Email to: Professional_Licensing@gov.nt.ca