Apply for an Optometrist Licence
What you need to provide
- Completed Application for Optometrist Licence Form with a recent passport type photo of you attached.
- Certified true copy of optometry degree from a recognized school of optometry in Canada.
- Photocopy of successful completion of Canadian Standard Assessment in Optometry (CSAO).
- Certificate of Good Standing from each jurisdiction you have been licensed in.
Note: To be eligible to be licensed in the NWT, current unrestricted registration in a province of Canada is required.
- Three current letters of character reference. Reference form can be found in the application package.
- Up-to-date resume.
- Photocopy of birth certificate or citizenship documentation (if Canadian citizen), or valid immigration or work permit (if not a Canadian citizen).
- Credit card authorization or cheque or money order made payable to Government of Northwest Territories.
Failure to ensure all documents are forwarded to the Registrar’s Office as stated above will delay and possibly prevent licensing.
Contact this Service
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Sending the Completed Form…
Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing
Government of the Northwest Territories
Department of Health and Social Services
7th Floor, 5015 – 49 ST
Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Fax to: 1-867-873-0484
Email to: Professional_Licensing@gov.nt.ca