Apply for a Dental Licence
What you need to provide
- Completed Application for Dental Registration / Licence with a recent passport type photo of you attached.
- Certified true copy of dental degree or a transcript of records (translated if not in English) mailed from the educational institution directly to the NWT Professional Licensing Registrar.
Note: Must be certified true by Notary Public or Commissioner for Oaths.
- Photocopy of National Dental Examining Board of Canada Certificate (NDEB).
Note: Applicants who do not have NDEB are eligible for licensing in the NWT, providing they hold full, unrestricted licence in a province or Territory; or provide evidence they are eligible to hold full, unrestricted licence in a province or territory.
- Certificate of Standing from each jurisdiction where you have been licensed.
Note: Licensing jurisdiction must mail Certificate of Standing directly to the NWT Professional Licensing Registrar.
- Up to date resume outlining work experience.
- Three current letters of professional reference that can speak of applicants work. At least two reference letters must be dentists.
Note: Referee must directly mail the reference letter to the NWT Professional Licensing Registrar.
- Photocopy of birth certificate or citizenship documentation (if Canadian citizen), or valid immigration or work permit (if not a Canadian citizen).
- Credit card authorization or cheque or money order made payable to Government of Northwest Territories.
Failure to ensure all documents are forwarded to the Registrar’s Office as stated above will delay and possibly prevent licensing.
|Temporary Permit (3-month)||$108|
Note: All licences expire March 31st following date of issue, renewable upon payment of annual fee.
Contact this Service
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Sending the Completed Form…
Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing
Government of the Northwest Territories
Department of Health and Social Services
7th Floor, 5015 – 49 ST
Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Fax to: 1-867-873-0484
Email to: Professional_Licensing@gov.nt.ca