Apply for a Dental Therapist Licence
What you need to provide
- Completed Application for Dental Therapist Registration / Licence with a recent passport type photo of you attached.
- Copy of diploma from National School of Dental Therapy in Prince Albert.
Note: Applicants who graduated more than three years before date of application must provide proof of being active in the practice of dental therapy in the past three years.
- Certificate of Standing from each jurisdiction where you have been registered.
Note: Licensing jurisdiction must mail Certificate of Standing directly to the NWT Professional Licensing Registrar.
- Up to date resume outlining work experience.
- Three current letters of professional reference that can speak of applicants work.
Note: Referee must directly mail the reference letter to the NWT Professional Licensing Registrar.
- Photocopy of birth certificate or citizenship documentation (if Canadian citizen), or valid immigration or work permit (if not a Canadian citizen).
- Dates and proposed location of practice in the Northwest Territories.
- Credit card authorization or cheque or money order made payable to Government of Northwest Territories.
Failure to ensure all documents are forwarded to the Registrar’s Office as stated above will delay and possibly prevent licensing.
Note: All licenses expire March 31st following date of issue, renewable upon payment of annual fee.
Contact this Service
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Sending the Completed Form…
Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing
Government of the Northwest Territories
Department of Health and Social Services
7th Floor, 5015 – 49 ST
Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Fax to: 1-867-873-0484
Email to: Professional_Licensing@gov.nt.ca
Related Services / Information