Apply for an Ophthalmic Licence
What you need to provide
- Completed Application for Ophthalmic Licence Form.
- Copy of valid Certificate issued by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology indicating the level of clinical training as follows:
- Part 1 – Ophthalmic Assistant
- Part 2 – Ophthalmic Technician
- Part 3 – Ophthalmic Technologist
- Two current letters of character reference.
- Letter from employer (licensed NWT Ophthalmologist) indicating location and proposed dates of practice in the NWT
- Photocopy of birth certificate or citizenship documentation (if Canadian citizen), or valid immigration or work permit (if not a Canadian citizen).
- Credit card authorization or cheque or money order made payable to Government of Northwest Territories.
Failure to ensure all documents are forwarded to the Registrar’s Office as stated above will delay and possibly prevent licensing.
Ophthalmic Medical Assistant
Note: No fee for student applications. Students should only submit the application and letter from employer (licensed NWT Ophthalmologist)
All licenses expire December 31st following date of issue, renewable upon payment of annual fee.
Contact this Service
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Sending the Completed Form…
Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing
Government of the Northwest Territories
Department of Health and Social Services
7th Floor, 5015 – 49 ST
Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Fax to: 1-867-873-0484
Email to: Professional_Licensing@gov.nt.ca