It takes courage to speak up

Mental Health

Getting Help with Mental Health

If you don’t know where to start for accessing mental health services, talk to your health care provider. Ask them to refer you to the right mental health services.

Friends, Family or Religious Organizations

Talk to someone you trust. Share your feelings with them and let them be part of your support circle.

Kid’s Help Phone

If you are a young person, and you need someone to talk to, you can call the Kid’s Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868 or go to

NWT Community Counselling Program

The NWT Community Counselling Program helps people deal with a variety of issues including family violence, mental health issues and addictions. It is available free-of-charge to every NWT resident, in every region of the NWT.

NWT Help Line

The NWT Help Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is 100% free, confidential and anonymous. Call 1-800-661-0844.