Public Health Agency of Canada posts information about the West Nile virus on their website. For the latest information about West Nile virus, visit their website:
To date, there have been no suspected or probable cases of West Nile virus in NWT people or birds.
The NWT Office of the Chief Public Health Officer has prepared information sheets on the following topics:
- Fact Sheet #1: Health Information (PDF)
- Fact Sheet #2: Information for Health Professionals (PDF)
- Fact Sheet #3: Information for Municipal and Community Governments (PDF)
- Fact Sheet #4: NWT Surveillance (PDF)
- Fact Sheet #5: Information for Outdoor Work & Play (PDF)
- Fact Sheet #6: Mosquito Biology, Control and Protection (PDF)
- Fact Sheet #7: Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
If you have additional questions that are not addressed by the above-mentioned online resources, please contact:
- for questions about health, your local community health centre or public health unit; or
- for questions relating to wildlife or surveillance, contact the Department of Environment and Natural Resources at (867) 920-8064.