All eligible NWT residents should register to get an NWT Health Care Card.
It is important that you carry your health care card with you at all times. You may be asked to show it when you visit a doctor’s office, hospital or health centre.
I want more information on…
Register for a health care card
- Who should apply?
- Who should not apply?
- How do I apply?
- How do I apply for my newborn?
- Why do you need to know the date of arrival of my spouse?
- What if I’ve applied but haven’t received my health care card yet?
- How do I prove my legal right to be in Canada?
- How do I prove I live in the NWT?
- What documents prove aboriginal status?
- What if I moved to the NWT from another province?
- What if I moved to the NWT from outside of Canada?
- Health Care Card
- Hospital Services
- Physician Services
Updating Your Information
- What changes in my information do I need to tell the health care plan about?
- What if I lose or damage my NWT health care card?
- What happens if I am temporarily away from the NWT?
- What happens if I move away from the NWT?
- Do I have to renew my health care card?
NWT Health Care Coverage
- What does my NWT health care card cover?
- What is not covered by my NWT health care card?
- Do I need additional health insurance while travelling?
Other Related Information
- How do I appeal a decision?
- What if I know about a case of fraud?
- What if I need help and I don’t know where to turn?
Applications Forms and Brochures
Contacting Health Services Administration