This program provides funding to hire community-based counsellors who will support individuals living in, or working towards, recovery and/or support community-based addictions recovery and aftercare programming in the Northwest Territories (NWT).
A maximum of $750,000 is available each year under the program.
- $68,000 to Indigenous Governments in the NWT that have negotiated, or are in the process of negotiating, self-government agreements, up to September 1, on a first come, first serve basis
- Remaining funding, up to a maximum of $68,000,to community governing authorities, and non-government organizations from September 2 to March 31, on a first come, first serve basis.
- March 31-September 1: Indigenous governments.
- September 2-March 31: Community governing authorities and non-government organizations.
Who can apply
The following are encouraged to apply:
- Indigenous governments in the Northwest Territories that have negotiated, or are in the process of negotiating, self-government agreements on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Community governing authorities and non-government organizations.
How to apply
- Complete an application form.
- Send the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be contacted within two weeks.
- Applications are approved by the Mental Health Specialist Addictions, Mental Wellness and Addictions Recovery.
- If an Applicant disagrees with the reasons for the denial of their application, they are encouraged to discuss their concerns with the Program contact.
- If an Applicant wishes to appeal the results of their application, the appeal procedures referenced in the Grants and Contributions Policy are to be followed.
Mental Health Specialist Addictions,
Mental Wellness and Addictions Recovery
Department of Health and Social Services
Government of the Northwest Territories
P.O. Box 1320
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Phone: 867-767-9061 ext. 49160
Email address: email@example.com