Who can apply for the Addictions Recovery and Aftercare Fund?
- Up to September 1, Indigenous governments in the Northwest Territories that have negotiated, or are in the process of negotiating, self-government agreements on a first-come, first-serve basis
- From September 2 to March 31, community governing authorities and non-government organizations on a first-come, first-serve basis.
How to apply for the Community-Based Addictions Recovery and Aftercare Fund?
- To apply for the Addictions Recovery and Aftercare Fund, you will need to complete and submit the Addictions Recovery and Aftercare Fund Application Form.
Available Fund Amount
Total available funds annually: $780,000
Maximum funding available annually:
- $68,000 to Indigenous Governments in the NWT that have negotiated, or are in the process of negotiating, self-government agreements, up to September 1, on a first come, first serve basis
- Remaining funding, up to a maximum of $68,000,to community governing authorities, and non-government organizations from September 2 to March 31, on a first come, first serve basis.
- Compensation and benefits for hired counsellors
- Expenses for addictions recovery programming delivered by hired counsellor
- Administration Fees
Comprehensive Project Proposal that:
- Demonstrates how the proposed project targets the Fund objectives.
- Demonstrates how the project links to larger community/regional wellness goals and objectives.
- Describes project start and end date.
- Describes funding requirements and identifies source and amount of funding secured or applied for through other organizations; if no other funding sources to be accessed this should be indicated.
For more Information, Contact…
Phone: 1-867-767-9061 ext. 49160
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Sending the Completed Form…
Mental Health Specialist, Addictions
Mental Wellness and Addictions Recovery
Department of Health and Social Services
Phone: (867) 767-9061, ext. 49160
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review and Appeal:
- Applicants will be contacted regarding outcome of application within two (2) weeks of the Program Contact receiving a complete application.
- Applications are approved by the Mental Health Specialist Addictions, Mental Wellness and Addictions Recovery.
- If an Applicant disagrees with the reasons for the denial of their application, they are encouraged to discuss their concerns with the Program contact.
- If an Applicant wishes to appeal the results of their application, the appeal procedures referenced in the Grants and Contributions Policy are to be followed.