Fri, 01/31/2020 - 10:22
What would you like to do?
- Dental Auxiliaries Act
- Dental Mechanics Act
- Dental Profession Act
Scope of Practice
Performing under the direction and control of a dentist, the scope of practice for a dental therapist includes, the:
- performance of uncomplicated dental restorations;
- uncomplicated removal of teeth;
- performance of dental prophylaxes;
- application on teeth of topical fluorides or other anticariogenic agents; and
- taking and developing of x-rays of teeth.