What would you like to do?
- Apply for a Medical Licence for the first time in the NWT
- Renew Your Medical Licence
- Reinstate Your Medical Licence
- Apply for a Certificate of Good Standing
- Consent to release application documents to Nunavut
- Consent for release of information
Board of Inquiry Decisions
- We have no current board of inquiry decisions to publically report
Certificate of Standing
Applying for medical licence
When applying for a medical licence in the NWT, a Certificate of Standing from each jurisdiction in which the practitioner has practiced is required. The certificate must be:
- issued within the previous six months as evidenced by a date; and
- sent directly to the Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing from the issuing registering authority. Faxed copies are accepted. However, the original must be mailed directly from the issuing authority.
Requesting a Certificate of Standing from Professional Licensing Registrar to other Registering authorities
The professional licensing Registrar will issue a Certificate of Standing if the request for a certificate is made in writing to the Registrar, with the required payment.
NWT Medical Association
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2P8