The Government of the Northwest Territories has created an Organ and Tissue Donation Consent Form for NWT residents. By submitting a completed form, you will add your organ and tissue donation consent information to the Alberta Organ and Tissue Donation Registry.
If you want to be an organ / tissue donor:
- Plan ahead. Tell your family you want to be an organ and/or tissue donor and what you want to happen when you die. Your family will then be prepared to speak on your behalf.
- Join the Organ and Tissue Donation Registry to record your intention to be an organ and/or tissue donor.
Who can join the organ / tissue donation registry?
- Any NWT resident who is 16 years or older.
How to join the registry:
- Complete an Organ and Tissue Donation Consent Form and drop it off at your nearest health centre, email it to email@example.com, or mail it directly to the NWT’s Health Services Administration Office (address is included on the form).
- The Organ and Tissue Donation Consent Form includes a section where you can record or change your choices about organ / tissue donation or your wish to be removed from the registry altogether.
- There is no fee to join the Organ and Tissue Donation Registry.
- General Information on Organ and Tissue Donation
- Organ and Tissue Donation Registration Process
- Updating Organ and Tissue Donation Preferences and Removal from Registry
- Personal Health Information: Access and Disclosure
- Organ and Tissue Donation Consent Form
Health and Social Services Office of the System Navigator
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)