Who can apply for regulation of a health and social services profession?
- A group of people practicing a profession
- An organization or association representing a health or social services profession
How to apply for regulation of a health and social services profession?
- Complete and submit the Application for Designation of a Health and Social Services Profession document
There are a number of criteria that will be used to determine in a profession can be designated for regulation under the Health and Social Services Profession Act. These include, but are not limited to:
- A profession’s regulatory status in other jurisdictions.
- Whether there are other means to regulate members of the profession other than under the Act.
- The nature and degree, if any, of the risk to the health and safety of the public if the profession is unregulated.
- The potential economic impacts of regulation.
- There is no fee.
Contact this Service
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Sending the Completed Form…
Minister of Health and Social Services
c/o Deputy Minister, Department of Health and Social Services
Government of the Northwest Territories
Tatsaotı̨̀ne Building – 7th floor
YELLOWKNIFE, NT X1A 2L9
Fax to: 1-867-873-0266
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org