Proposed Extended Health Benefits Calculator

To view an estimate of how the proposed Extended Health Benefits changes would affect you financially, enter the information requested bellow.

If you have any questions about the proposed Extended Health Benefits calculator, please email shb_feedback@gov.nt.ca

For more information on the proposed changes to the Extended Health Benefits policy, please see the discussion paper and FAQ found here: https://haveyoursay.nwt-tno.ca/extended-health-benefits

On this page

Proposed Extended Health Benefits Calculator

Definitions

Annual Family Deductible: Each year, you (or, if applicable, your family) are responsible for 100% of your eligible prescription drug costs until you reach your deductible. Once your drug costs have reached this amount, the Drug Benefits Program pays a percentage of your eligible costs until you reach your annual family maximum.

Annual Family Maximum: The annual family maximum protects you (or, if applicable, your family) from high expenses. If your contribution towards eligible costs reaches the annual family maximum, the Drug Benefits program pays 100% of any additional drug costs for the rest of the year.

Copayment: You pay 30% of eligible costs. The Drug Benefits Program pays the remaining 70% after you reach your deductible until the end of the year or until you reach your annual family maximum.

Dependent: A dependent is a legal dependent less than 19 years of age at the time of the application for program benefits.

Disclaimer

The Extended Health Benefits calculator helps you estimate your out-of-pocket drug expenses and maximum family contribution that would be required under the proposed changes to the policy. The calculator represents current proposed changes to the EHB policy and is not intended to address all unique situations.