Updating Health Care Plan Information – Status and Life Changes

When do you need to update your Health Care Plan Information?

  • You will need to update your information if you change your:
    • Name
    • Address / Phone Number
    • Gender
    • Citizenship or Immigration Status
    • Indigenous Status

Not notifying Health Services Administration about changes to your personal information could interrupt your health care coverage.

How to update your Health Care Plan Information?


  • A valid NWT Health Care Card


Did you lose or damage your NWT health care card?

If you lose or damage your NWT Health Care Card, please contact the Health Services Administration Office and request a new card immediately. You do not need to fill out a form. Once your identity is verified, the Health Services Administration Office will send you a new card in the mail.


  • There is no fee to apply for NWT health care.

Contact this Service

Phone: 1-800-661-0830 (toll free)
Email: healthcarecard@gov.nt.ca
Hours: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)

Sending the Completed Form…

Health Services Administration

Department of Health and Social Services

Bag #9

Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0

Fax to: 1-867-777-3197

Email to: healthcarecard@gov.nt.ca

Related Services / Information