Who can apply for Extended Health Benefits (EHB)?
- 60 years of age or over
- Métis or Non-Indigenous
- Permanent resident of the Northwest Territories (NWT)
- Have a valid NWT Health Care Card
How to apply for the Seniors Program?
- Complete and submit the EHB Seniors Program Application
Please Note: If you have access to benefits under an employer or similar plan, and choose not to use them, you will not be eligible for assistance under the EHB Seniors Program.
A health care card is required to receive health care benefits.
- A valid NWT Health Care Card
- EHB Seniors Program Application
Available at hospitals, health clinics, health centres and the Health Services Administration Office.
- There is no fee.
Contact this Service
Phone: 1-800-661-0830 (toll free)
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Sending the Completed Form…
Health Services Administration
Department of Health and Social Services
Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0
Fax to: 1-867-777-3197
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org