Help Lines

Family Violence

If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call your local RCMP. Dial 9-1-1. The RCMP are trained to help you in these types of situations.


Kid’s Help Phone

If you are a young person, and you need someone to talk to, you can call the Kid’s Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868.


NWT Community Counselling Program

The NWT Community Counselling Program helps people deal with a variety of issues including family violence, mental health issues and addictions. It is available free-of-charge to every NWT resident, in every region of the NWT.



Our registered nurses are available 24/7 to provide you with confidential advice and support. Call us at 811 to speak with a registered nurse and get guidance related to your current health situation, mental wellness and addiction recovery, or for help to quit smoking or vaping. You can also use the same three-digit line to get in touch with poison control if you need.